Kids bike & scooter rides with obstacle courses. The whole family and community can celebrate after with food, music & more.
This event will give kids the opportunity to explore their community on two wheels and participate in family-friendly, non-competitive riding. This event helps to build riding skills while having fun. The whole family and community can celebrate after with food, music & more.
There will be two different event categories, and we encourage all kids— regardless of their size and ability — to join in.
- Balance Bike & Scooter Events - Short ride on the Melrose High School (H.S.) Athletic Complex paths with optional obstacle course.
- Kids Pedal Event led by Bike to the Sea - A few loops around the Melrose H.S. paths with obstacle courses. This event is best for kids who can confidently ride a pedal bike on their own, and are between the ages of around 3-10. The obstacle courses will have optional ramps, noodle tunnels and more!
Other event features include:
- 9am coffee at registration sponsored by Atomic Coffee
- Helmet decorating & coloring
- 10:30am-12:30pm La Qchara food truck offering make your own tacos - vegan, vegetarian and GF available
- 11:45-12:30 Music by Matt Heaton
- & more
The goal of this event is to inspire families from Melrose, Malden, Wakefield, and the surrounding communities to bike and roll more, to ultimately get #morekidsonbikes.
(Steady morning rain will reschedule the event to Sunday, June 4th.)
171 Tremont St
Melrose, MA 02176
Google map and directions