Join Bike to the Sea on a walking tour to learn about the current and future large-scale projects (listed below) on Sunday, May 7. Meet at Draw Seven State Park in Somerville @ 5 pm. Plan on an easy 3 mile walk lasting 90 minutes. Post-walk food and drinks location within Assembly Row/Square to be decided by participants upon end of walk. Rain or shine event.
We will look at/talk about:
- Somerville landing of https://www.mass.gov/service-details/pedestrian-and-bicycle-bridge-over-the-mystic-river-connecting-everett-somerville-and-charlestown
- The proposed path between Somerville Landing of Mystic River Pedestrian Bridge and Sullivan Square Station (We applied for a Somerville ARPA grant for this path.)
- http://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/one-mystic-avenue development area which will help connect the Northern Strand bike path to Sullivan Square
- Sullivan Square connections, upcoming state and Boston city plans for Sullivan Square, options for crossing the train tracks at Sullivan Square
- The potential extension of the Northern Strand into Inner Belt and Somerville Community Path by https://www.sullivansquareredevelopment.com/
Contact Deniz at 508-615-4860 with any questions.
Somerville, MA 02145
Google map and directions