The Franklin PMC Kids Rides is back in person! We hope that you will join us as we raise money for cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
The PMC Kids Ride gives us the opportunity to work together with the Franklin community and make a significant impact in the fight against cancer. We have all been touched in some way with someone who has had cancer. This ride gives children an opportunity to feel that they can make a difference. It empowers kids to become part of the Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC) mission of raising money for cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through its Jimmy Fund. This ride also teaches children the value of riding for the benefit of others.
PMC supporters Lisa Marchioni and Lisa Cronin will be organizing the ride along with committee members Sharon Baryluk, Nancy Brogan and Heidi Winiker.
- 10 Miles – This route takes you through the backroads of Franklin behind Jefferson/Remington School. This is a more challenging ride with at least two big hills. This ride is for those who are comfortable on their bikes. There will be groups of about 10 with two or three adult volunteers leading the group. Bicycles with training wheels are not allowed. For safety reasons, just riders and their group volunteers are allowed on this course. Riders who are not registered should not be riding with groups.
- 6 Miles – This route is a shorter version of the 10-mile route. You will only be riding up the big hill once. As with all road rides, bicycles with training wheels are not allowed. Each 6-mile group of about 10 riders will also go out with group volunteers leading their groups. Riders who are not registered should not be riding with groups.
- 3 Miles – This route will take you on the same route as the 10-mile and 6-mile routes but it loops back around to Jefferson School and it is all flat roads. Training wheels are not allowed on this ride. There will be groups of 10 with group volunteers leading the way. Riders who are not registered should not be riding with groups.
- Tikes & Trikes – This is a loop around the parking lot for those who are not experienced riders, usually ages 6 and under. It is a supervised course with lots of fun activities along the way. Big wheels, tricycles, training wheels and scooters are allowed on this course.
- Virtual Rider: Virtual riders are those who would prefer to ride on their own and not in person at the event. Virtual riders who raise $50 or more will receive an official PMC Kids Rides t-shirt and water bottle at the end of June for spring rides or at the end of June for spring rides. Virtual riders have no registration fee or fundraising commitment.
Helmets are required for all riders!
Schedule of Events
- 8 - 11 am - Pre-Registration, The Adirondack Club (800 Chestnut St, Franklin, MA 02038)
- 7:45-8:15 am - Check-in, group gathering
- 8:15 am - Opening Ceremony
- 8:30 am - Road Ride begins
- 9 am - Tikes & Trikes Ride begins
Check the website for more important details
628 Washington St
Franklin, MA 02038
Google map and directions
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter