The Acton-Boxboro-Maynard PMC Kids Rides is back! We hope that you will join us as we raise money for cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
The PMC Kids Rides program became an official PMC program in 2005 as a way to include young cyclists in the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge's (PMC) mission of raising money for cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI). Since then, PMC Kids rides have raised over $11 million. The program engages youth in philanthropy, instills the value of working for the benefit of others, and promotes athletic fitness and physical activity.
The PMC Kids Rides program offers children, parents, and neighbors an opportunity to work together to create individual bike-a-thons in neighborhoods, at schools, or in business complexes. These rides enable children to ride their bikes and solicit sponsors to donate money to cancer research. 100% of all money raised at this event and by the children will go directly to DFCI via the PMC.
In 2022, the Pan-Mass Challenge raised $69 million for Dana-Farber. Make the commitment to join us because you want to help cure cancer! This ride is dedicated to all of our loved ones whose lives were cut short by cancer and to those who continue to inspire us as they live with cancer. The Acton-Boxboro-Maynard PMC Kids Ride will bring us "closer by the mile" to a cure!
We look forward to seeing you at the ride and thank you for your support!
Leigh D'Agostine, Dana Greenberg, Julie James and Mary Lavene
Check the event website for more details
PMC Kids Ride Schedule at a glance for June 4, 2023
- 6:30 am: Volunteers begin to arrive
- 8:30 to 9:30 am: Check-In/Registration (pick up goodie bag with t-shirt, water bottle and bike number)
- 8:30 to 9:30 am: Bike check and decorating – have your bike and helmet inspected by Pedal Power before the ride and then decorate it!
- 9 am: Opening Ceremony
- 9:30 to 11 am: Ride on your chosen bike route
- 9 am to 12 pm: Fun at NARA park! Enjoy music, food, face painting, crafts, bike decorating, games, and cheering on your friends!
25 Ledge Rock Way
Acton, MA 01720
Google map and directions
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter