Ride Your Way, Every Day!
MassBike has joined forces with MassCommute to bring you statewide bicycle programming and challenges during Bay State Bike Month this September including our signature event, the MassCommute Bicycle Challenge (MCBC), September 19-27. We’re going virtual this year, but even a pandemic can’t stop us from celebrating your bike rides!
How to Participate:
1. Visit the Bike Month Challenge Site and click the "Join the MassBike Network" button
- If you already have an account click “Login to Join” button.
- If you don't have an account click “Register to Join” and signup. Complete all fields but keep in mind: you may enter a street or landmark if you don’t want to use exact addresses; and while the GoMassCommute language focuses on commuting to work, you may use another regular destination like school, shopping, recreation destinations, church, etc. Keep MassBike as a selected Network, but you can also search for other employer, building, or TMA networks to join.
- Note: if you are already part of another network, you will still need to join the MassBike network in order to participate in MassBike challenges.
2. Join Challenges
Visit the Bike Month Challenge site throughout September to join challenges including MCBC and view the leaderboards. When you join the MassBike network, you'll automatically be entered into a Bike Month Challenge and can join additional MassBike challenges as they are announced. You can also access available challenges from Programs > Challenges on the web or app.
3. Log your bicycle trips:
- using the web – go to your Dashboard and find the Log Your Trips section. Select the day(s) and choose a favorite trip from the dropdown or enter your start and end addresses.
- using the Commute Tracker app – download the Commute Tracker by RideAmigos app and allow location-based commute detection when prompted. Commute Tracker will show you trips that it detected or expected you to take based on your previously logged trips - confirm, edit or delete these trips. You can manually add a trip by clicking on the (+) in the top right corner.
- using Strava – you can connect your Strava account (or 3rd party connections) under the Connected Apps section of your profile - just make sure to allow "All Trips" from the dropdown menu so that all your Strava rides are counted.
4. Watch your trips and miles add up! Each Challenge has a leaderboard - depending on the challenge, the bike rides you log will count for yourself, any user-created team you form or join, and any employer/building network that is already a member.
Check out the FAQ for more information.